Adobe Lightroom Half Day "Power-Up" Workshop
So you’ve been using Adobe Lightroom for a while and you've got the basics down, you're ready to take the next step. If that’s the case then this workshop is for you.
Designed to go beyond the basics, this workshop will focus on more advanced ways to work in the Library and Develop modules. We will also dedicate the last part of the workshop as a freestyle block where you’ll work on your own images and receive feedback and suggestions from the instructor.
With a maximum of 8 students per group, this workshop will make the most of your learning time. Think of it as a tips and tricks bootcamp that will speed you up!
WHat you'll learn
- Review and optimize your importing process to speed it up.
- Get faster at organizing, finding, reviewing and exporting images.
- Discover the ins and outs of the Spot Healing brush, the Graduated and Radial Filters and the Adjustment Brush.
- Learn the hidden power of the Curves and Split Toning panels to work with light and colour.
- See selected images get processed from start to finish and get one-on-one time with the instructor to work on your own photos.
- Learn how to backup your photos using a trusted system that will keep them safe for the future.
- 4 hour workshop.
- Lightroom shortcuts "cheat sheet".
- A set of creative Lightroom presets created by Lumen Workshops.
- Coffee, tea and snacks.
What you'll bring
- Laptop computer and wall charger. Mouse optional.
- Adobe Lightroom CC or 2016 application pre-installed on your computer. You can install a 30-day free trial by clicking here.
- A variety of your own digital photographs to work with during the workshop.
- Notebook and pen.
- Important! Please confirm Lightroom is running correctly prior to attending the workshop so that we can jump right into the content. We encourage you to install Lightroom CC since previous versions of Lightroom may lack some of the latest features presented.
Is this workshop for me?
This workshop is designed for anyone who is familiar with the basics of Lightroom, including importing images, basic processing in the Develop module and having basic knowledge of how the program works. Think of this course as a bootcamp to optimize the skills you already hav and to learn some new tricks you may not know.
If you know the basics and are looking for a small classroom setting to learn some new tricks, speed up your workflow and get some personal instruction then this workshop is for you.
Keep in mind that Lightroom is not a program that can use layers, resize objects or remove large objects from a photograph. A separate Photoshop workshop is currently in the works and will cover all of those topics in more detail.
(If you're just getting started with Lightroom we're about to launch the Introduction to Lightroom workshop again. Check back soon or better yet, sign up to our newsletter to get notified when it goes live.)